Role of the School Governor
The role of the school governor is very important. Since Hillside converted to become part of South Pennine Academy Trust, our governing body is now known as the Local Academy Board. The LAB is made up of elected and co-opted members, representing different areas, such as the local community, school staff and parents. Together with the headteacher, the governors are responsible for making sure a school provides good quality education for all its pupils. This is done by:
- Providing challenge and support for the headteacher
- Making decisions on matters such as targets, school policies and school development plans
- Monitoring the impact of policies
- Reporting on the school’s achievements and responding to inspection recommendations
- Hearing appeals to consider complaints
- Helping to plan the school’s future direction
South Pennine Academy Chair of Trustees
- Mr Phil Wheeliker - Pennine House, 87 Dryclough Road, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield, HD4 5JA
Our Local Academy Board (LAB)
- Cynthia Dawson – Trust Appointed Governor (Chair)
- Jill Mellor – Support Staff governor (TBC)
- Keith Lockwood - Teaching Staff Governor (TBC)
- Nadine Sadler – Headteacher
- Simon Thomson - Trust Appointed Governor
- Maryam Ilyas - Trust Appointed Governor
To contact the LAB Chairperson, please write to Cynthia Dawson, C/O Hillside Primary School, Headfield Road, Newsome, Huddersfield, HD4 6LU.
To become a parent governor at Hillside, please speak to Mrs Sadler regarding parent governor elections.
Please be aware that as from February 1st 2020, governor attendance will no longer be recorded after each meeting below. Attendance at LAB meetings will now be recorded on an annual basis.
The Governing Body resolved to adopt the LA model terms of reference for committees, as set out in Committee Matters 2018-19. Those for Standards & Effectiveness and Finance & Resources can be viewed by clicking on the links below.