Role of the Local Academy Board
The role of the school governor is very important. Since Hillside converted to become part of South Pennine Academy Trust, it is governed by the Trustees of South Pennine Academies and a Local Academy Board (local governing board). The Local Academy Board is made up of members appointed by Trustees and by members elected by staff and parents. Together with the headteacher, the Local Academy Board is responsible for making sure a school provides good quality education for all its pupils. This is done by:
- Providing a strategic view - working closely with the Headteacher to decide the school's strategy for improvements.
- Acting as a critical friend - providing support, but also asking challenging questions.
- Assuring accountability - monitoring and evaluating the school's effectiveness and performance.
South Pennine Academy Chair of Trustees
- Mr Phil Wheeliker - Pennine House, 87 Dryclough Road, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield, HD4 5JA
- Mr Ian Thwaites – Support Staff governor
- Mr Stan White - Teaching Staff Governor
- Mrs Nadine Sadler – Headteacher
- Dr Simon Thomson - Trust Appointed Governor
- Rev. Julie Anderson - Trust Appointed Governor
- Mrs Alison Black - Trust Appointed Governor
- Mr Kamran Bostan - Parent governor
To contact the LAB Chairperson, please write C/O Hillside Primary School, Headfield Road, Newsome, Huddersfield, HD4 6LU.
To become a parent governor at Hillside, please speak to Mrs Sadler regarding parent governor elections.