Please contact Mrs Mellor (Pastoral Support Officer) if you need any support in applying for pupil premium funding
Pupil Premium is funding which school receives for certain pupils, in addition to the normal school budget. Schools are expected to use this extra money to provide additional support for these identified children, in order to help them achieve their full potential. Pupil Premium is allocated to the following children:
- Children who receive benefit-related free school meals – £1,320 per child
This is NOT the same as universal free school meals that are provided for EY & KS1 pupils. Parents of EY & KS1 pupils still MUST apply for a free school meal if eligible, otherwise your child will miss out on £1320 worth of extra support.
- Looked after, or previously looked after children (children adopted from care or who have a Special Guardianship/Residence Order) – £1,900 per child
Parents must inform school if their child is looked after or previously looked after in order to receive this extra funding.
- Children who have a parent in the armed forces – £300 per child
Your child may be entitled to free school meals and therefore Pupil Premium funding, if you get any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
More information is available on the following website:
You can apply for free school meals in person at the Civic Centre, online, or through school – you will need your (and your partner’s if have one) National Insurance number.
Schools decide how to spend Pupil Premium, since they are best placed to make the decision. Click on the link below to see how Pupil Premium has been spent at Hillside.