PE Activity Links
If you are isolating or working from home, you must make sure you take time to exercise every single day - reading and exercise are the key things that will help keep you mentally strong!
Learn a great new dance routine every morning with Strictly's Oti Mabuse (try the Spiderman, Harry Potter or Moana ones):
Join in with Joe Wicks every morning or catch up when you have time - try one of his 'Five Minute Moves' between your home lessons:
Boogie Beebies - dance with Justin and other Cbeebies characters:
Try an NHS Disney ten-minute workout:
Some home exercise ideas from Motherly:
Yoga for younger children from Cosmic Kids Yoga:
Yoga for older pupils:
Ninja Life kids karate:
Family activities on GoNoodle:
Below are a series of links recommended to us by Linda Stacey, our SPIN Partnership manager:
The Youth Sport Trust is running daily challenges via their social media, so check out their Twitter and Facebook pages . They would love to see pictures and videos of how people are staying active at home, and of those still being provided for in the school environment.
- If you have a ball, racket and a partner, try some of these games and drills with the comfort of your own home - https://www.lta.org.uk/play-compete/lta-youth/tennis-at-home/
- See Jordanne Whiley and her family getting out in the garden at hitting some balls - https://twitter.com/jordannejoyce92/status/1242910803554172933
- #StayInWorkOut – if you are on twitter why not follow this page at get some useful ideas on how to be active at home - https://twitter.com/StayInWorkOut
- Descriptive Yoga – British Blind Sport have some useful Yoga videos on their website for people with sight loss. Check these out - https://britishblindsport.org.uk/stay-in-work-out/
- Fancy doing some seated Yoga? Check out WheelPower’s Yoga workouts
- Tanni Grey Thompson and Dame Kelly Homes will be doing a selection of seated workouts – keep an eye on their twitter pages for more updates - @Tanni_GT; @damekellyholmes
- Rebranded disability coaching resource – for anyone that hasn’t seen our newly updated guide, please see attached. Happy reading!
- Fancy doing some online learning of different impairment groups? Why not check out UK coaching - https://www.ukcoaching.org/courses/search?format=online&distance=25&order=relevant&bookableonly=false
- Kixx Online PE Session 1 - Throwing and Catching - https://youtu.be/DT10yuEb-g4